Make a booking online
or call 01666 890 391
Please find outlined below information we hope will ensure you enjoy your visit to Calcot Manor regardless of whether your life is affected in some way by a medical condition, disability, impairment, or specific learning difficulty.
Prior to your arrival
- Enquiries and reservations may be made by phone or email.
- Should you require a taxi to the hotel from Kemble Station (20 minute drive) or Bristol Airport (40 minute drive), we use a reliable company on a regular basis and we would be delighted to book them on your behalf. They do have vehichles suitable for wheelchairs if required.
- Directions to the hotel can be found on our website.
On arrival at the hotel
- We have a designated disabled parking area at the front of the hotel along with ample additional car parking.
- Entrance to the hotel is by way of one step or a gentle slope that is suitable for a wheelchair.
- We are more than happy to help you with your luggage and will collect it from your car and deliver it to your room if preferred.
- Floor is tiled and suitable for wheelchairs.
- Low-level desk available.
- Reception is all on one level.
- Our corridors are well lit and carpeted.
- The Conservatory Restaurant and the Gumstool Inn both have tiled floors, are on one level
- and are accessible from the front entrance of the hotel.
- There are no doors from reception to the restaurant and bar.
- Our disabled toilet is situated on the ground floor in the Reception area and is easily accessible from both the Gumstool Inn and the Conservatory Restaurant.
- The fire alarm system is bells and does not have flashing lights. Assistance is given if evacuation is necessary.
The Conservatory Restaurant and the Gumstool Inn
- There is ample movable seating in both and there are chairs with or without arms.
- Background music in the restaurant and bar.
- Full waiter service.
- Restaurant tables are laid with white table linen.
- All areas are well lit.
- Many rooms are located on the ground floor, with ramped access and reasonably large bathrooms, but these are not in the main house.
- We do not have adapted bathrooms and grab rails are not in the bedrooms as standard however if required and with prior notice, we can make hoist/grab rails available.
- There are disabled car parking spaces at the entrance to the Spa.
- There is a concrete ramp outside the main entrance to the Spa.
- The whole of the ground floor is accessible to wheelchairs.
- All corridors and public areas are well lit.
- All doors and corridors are wide enough for wheelchairs/zimmer frames/pushchairs.
- There is a lift to take guests to the first floor.
- A dedicated disabled changing room and toilet facilities are located on the ground floor.
- A pool hoist is available.
- Service dogs (only) are allowed in the Spa.
The Barn at Calcot - Conference & Banqueting suites
- Conference rooms are on two levels in a separate building to the hotel, but a lift is available.
- A disabled toilet is available on the ground floor of the facility.
- The Barn is fitted with a hearing loop.
- Service dogs are welcome as are pet dogs (by prior arrangement only).
- Small fridges are available in most rooms and on request for medication.
- We are able to use the front doors in the event of evacuation. The bells will ring continuously if evacuation is needed. If you require assistance for evacuating please notify us on arrival.
We have tried to be as accurate as possible and have included as much detail as we can in our Access Statement, however we welcome your feedback to continuously improve on the information we provide. If you require further assistance please call 01666 890391.